Monday, June 14, 2010

Shri girdhari lal batra about his son

"My son! You have made me known in every nook and corner of great India as father of Capt Vikram Batra. I feel proud to have a son, who has honoured the military dictum : "your country comes first; then the men you command and the last yourself.’’
"I did have some expectations as an ordinary father, but you have surpassed them all by giving me a surprise for which I was never ready. Tears do well up my eyes every time I think of you.
"In Kargil, you were the Shershah for the Pakistani soldiers. You fought like a lion, captured peaks 5140 and 4875, and got martyrdom.
"I heard that you told your friends before leaving for Kargil that you would either hoist the flag of victory or you would come back wrapped in the Tricolour. Greatness lies in you doing both and ensuring a complete victory. Well done, my son! You have lived up to the greatest expectations of your motherland as well as our family. I salute you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment